Wednesday, November 30, 2005

It's raining

Our upstairs drain sprung a leak this week. Children using too much toilet paper maybe, found a few candy wrappers ( no one did it), and just time I think. Water went into our new ceiling in the bedroom, had to take out the shower and thankfully didn't have to take out the whole floor. Pat really wants to move out of this house becauase of the high maintenance. It is something he has wanted for a while now. I told him okay, I have for awhile, don't like it, but I didn't get married and say only in this town will I stay with him. Don't know if it will happen. Maybe I start making a list of what I would like to have in a house. Living in an old home 150+ gives you a different perspective on what you would really like to have.
A creek, some woods, not more than a 1/2 hour from civilization, built in cabinets (lots), closets, central heating, one piece sinks, new windows, all for under ???? I don't like the idea of not having my job, if we move to far, or at all.

The kids did the puppet show for the preschool which is always kinda cool. Helps keep me aware of the specialness of them. They really are great with younger children, when they got into the car it didn't last but I keep hoping.

Go today to find out how Rachel's finger is healing. Hopefully won't have to rebreak to set it right. Work today.

Went through my grandfather's papers last night, he really was a neat guy. Very Irish, Democrat, Involved. Ran for Senate! Have my Great-Grandmothers engraving plates from her wedding invitations, and probably her baby shoes. Lots of information on my Dad's grandfather I didn't know. I have to look stuff hope and get it all into the computer or my book.

No comments: