Sunday, July 08, 2007

Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

This was at the end of the movie Stomp the Yard. Stomping is a form of dance, think West Side Story but funky and very high energy. I really like this quote because it really is kinda the back bone of our goal in homeschooling our kids. Know if they just provided the manual on how to achieve this daily life would be extermely easy.

Tournaments started Friday, John has had 11 home runs this season, I believe he has hit one out of every ball field we have played in. Could this be a sign of the big leagues, taking care of mom and dad when we are old, vacation in the Bahamas? Fleeting thought when you watch it fly, and look at the whole swagger around the plate thing.

I cut both John and Aaron's hair this week, John was the most drastic he gave me the wrong size shear comb, so it is short. The young boy has morphed into a young man, and I really can't decide if I like it. Aaron just looks less wild, he still has length because I used scissors.

My mom was ordained this week as a teacher of ministry (prophecy). It is so neat to watch older people continue to expand and learn. The worship service that was held later included dance and drama. Wow. The Hebrews and our early churches including King David were on to something when they danced for God. What an amaizng way to evoke worhip. Rachel has expressed interest in doing this, I know she enjoys getting up and interperating songs with a form of sign language. I keep thinking Mother and daughter take classes together, I so miss dancing of any kind.

Mandy I finally got around to looking at your posts over the last few weeks.

I made this the other night and my teens liked it.

Thin steak cut into small pieces
frozen broccoli
frozen pepper/onion strips
ramen noodles (uncooked) used Picante flavor
garlic

brown meat
toss in frozen veg's
throw on dry ramen's
cover till noodles are soft
You may have to add a little water not more than one cup

Enjoy
Have a Blessed Day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Someone else DOES cook!! Yummy, Ill try that one this week!
:-)Mandy