Thursday, June 28, 2007

I have been reading Eat, Pray, Love byElizabeth Gilbert, and ran across this statement she made and it stuck with me. Tell me what you think.
"I want God to play in my bloodstream the way sunlight amuses itself in water."

She goes on to tell an old Italian joke;
A poor man who goes to church every day and prays before the statue of a great saint, begging, "Dear saint-please, please, please... give me the grace to win the lottery." This lament goes on for months. Finally the exasperated stature comes to life looks down at the begging man and says in weary disgust, "My son-please, please, please...buy the ticket."

I have to say many times I fall into the catagory of asking and forget to buy the ticket.

I noticed somethng the other day driving home looking at the clouds, I was up there in them. I find it fascinating that from above the clouds look like canyons, and lend themselves to replicating what is here on Earth. For me to look out the window and enjoy it was one of the biggest blessings about the whole trip. The second is I believe I could fly to Italy now, not soon but the knowledge that I can do it is very powerful.

My kids aren't moving to make it to piano so gotta go toss them out of bed.
Have a blessed Day!

No comments: