Wednesday, June 27, 2007




National Cathedral I made it here for what I believe was their high mass. It started at 11:00 and at 12:00 it looked to have another hour to go. The prelude was a choir out of the Carolina's and was beautiful. The cathedral choir started singing in the back and during the procession to the altar and what a blessing to have such voices. The Cantor was under 30 which I think is so cool to see younger people in church choirs.











Bush wasn't home? He didn't invite us in either. For any of you who haven't seen this upclose it really is an amazing shade of white. Brilliant white, I had forgotten.


























Texas Book Cart Drill Team won out of the four teams competing, their theme was Rosie the Riveter, Reading is Riveting. This is really great fun but took some serious practice. It is choreagraphed using book carts as partners, kinda like the Zigfield follies with moving in, around and away from each other.





I made it to Washington and back, on my own, in a plane flown by someone I didn't know. On the way home I even looked out the window and took pictures for quite a while. The clouds reminded me of a sci-fi landscape.






I am so glad that my prayers to remain calm and not embarrass myself by hyperventilating happened.

I made it to the archives to see if I could find a Great Grandparent that worked and lived in DC around 1870, but will have to send for the info, I ran out of time. The city itself was all about walking, the architecture is immense. I haven't been there for 17 years and had forgotten. I want to get back to take our children to visit the museums. I would suggest you stay at a hotel that is near some shopping, restaraunts, and even CVS or a grocery. I enjoyed the hotel bed and bathtub, but buying coffe that is more expensive than Starbucks is not my idea of fun. Water should never cost $3.75. Enough of that tirade, overall I had a great time.

It is good to now I can still do adventures on my own, so to speak. The convention itself is one of the largest in the country, and was the largest for ALA, over 27,000 attended.

I was glad to be home. Tuesday morning I sat outside early in themorning and just listened to the birds and took in the view.

Have a Blessed Day

No comments: