Thursday, December 29, 2005

Almost the New Year

Christmas was successful in terms of making the children happy. Rachel received a tent and has lived there since Christmas morning. She also has her own boom box cd player because her older brother John insists on taking it when he has to shower. I never realized you needed music to wash but when I think about it, Brandon needed music when he showered.
John and Aaron both have new cd's and christian T-shirts. Aaron's favorite shirt says "God is Bigger than Texas (Don't mess with eternity)" He also really likes his Lava lamp, he has asked for that since late summer. John has gift cards that he wants to spend, he wants an MP3 player so now he should be able to do that. I bought myself an index card question box, "Food for Thought" it has a variety of questions to ask at the table, kinda of hoping it will change the direction of conversation we end up with. I also have a new camera which I am learning to use.

I was able to see my sisters children for Christmas which was nice. I hadn't met the one husband or her son yet. It was crazy as usual due to the amount of people in a small space but it is still a good thing. I can't imagine a small family after always having so many around all the time.

We received the results from John's IOWA test he tested out at a 13+ year in school for all language his math is at 9th but we kinda figured that. On his paper it talkes about reading being such a benefit and they really are right. Now all he needs to do is master Algebra.

I have started working on genealogy again. Dad brought over papers from Grandmother's which had a few important dates and information which has helped me put together some of the history. One of these days I have to redo what I have and get it all joined and in order. I may have to find out about the DAR (daughters of the American Revolution) and consider joining for scholarship money for the kids. I can show the family line to that point, which I think is all you need to join. I do know you have to be a member in order to get a sholarship.

It has been raining here so all the snow is gone. Kinda' dreary outside. I'll be at work and we have family game day today, so we should be busy. Rachel gets to come today by herself since the boys went to teen night yesterday.

It is not giving children more that spoils them; it is giving them more to avoid confrontation.
John Gray, "Children Are From Heaven"

For the New Year so many changes can take place. I pray that all my children find direction for their lives, are obedient to God and parents, find happiness. I pray that Pat and I are obedient to God's will in our lives, grow with each other without the growing pains, experience contentment daily. That we handle any changes with grace and dignity, no bitterness or anger.

Everyone have and Abundant New Year.

No comments: