Monday, October 20, 2014

Who Knows About Hope and Doubt

One foot in front of the other...life is a series of days strung together...better to have tried than not...
Yeah, well sometimes it's easier said than done.  

I know staying in bed just makes my body hurt, went to bed at a stupid early time, cause it was easier than thinking.  Can't imagine having to do that due to health reasons, no wonder bed rest also instills stir crazy.  So I just have to choose not to.  Not like I have great choice in the matter, nothing like responsibilities to push you forward.  Many years ago a friend of mine used the word forward instead of saying straight on a road.  Why?  because going straight means you might not take the curve, so I've used it ever since when giving directions. Kinda like my life, if all I ever do is go straight, I'll very probably miss whats around the bend.  But I have to say it would be nice if the road before me was straight, cleared so to speak of bumps and detours.  

I don't have a hard life, in reality, just a life that the road is lifted and shook and relaid.  Maybe that's the appeal of the roads out west, straight shot in the sense you can see for miles and miles.  Lot to be said for the assurance of  a well marked road.  Takes out all the doubt.

I am really not attempting to feel sorry for myself, self-pity just zaps all my strength.  So I'll go about my day, knowing tomorrow really is another day.  Today I have blessings and tomorrow will bring more, and yesterday I had them too. Just have to make a point of finding them in order to go forward.  
Onward and toward tomorrow.

I know my world is crazy when I find a country song that fits it.  LOL

No comments: