Thursday, January 31, 2008

Politics and Money

I have a theory that if we work from the bottom up when it comes to elected officials we as a people will have better results. I also think we fail ourselves when we only look at candidates that are part of a party. I want my dog to be on the ballot, I know him, I know how he behaves, and what he will do. These candidates can say and do anything while running, some usually do. Do they talk about issues at hand, Not really. In all honesty I can't say that I know any of them. I can look at some of their voting records and see if they are at least holding to their own ideals and not just who gives the most money.

So if I go on National television and inform you that I believe in people from Outer Space does that make it true? If the audience at the time wants to hear that, it would seem appropriate to go along maybe. The cost of going with the flow, or with the party, just means we get washed away along with all the other debris. What if our Nation went completely Independent no more phone calls from the Republican, Democrat, or Celebrities endorsing a candidate? Do you think the candidates would listen if they no longer have all the hoopla behind them from their party?
http://www.votesmart.org/official_five_categories.php?dist=voting_category.php
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/?g=1&wpsrc=100016&zsacategory=Politics
Check out these sites to see how your officials are voting.

What YOU Can DoMany believe our system is inherently broken. We think it can be fixed. As citizens and voters, we have to set a new agenda before the Presidential election. There are three things we need in order to prevent wasteful spending, according to the GAO's David Walker:• Incentives for people to do the right thing.• Transparency so we can tell if they've done the right thing.• Accountability if they do the wrong thing.Two out of three won't solve our problems.So how do we make it happen? Demand it of our elected officials. If they fail to listen, then we turn them out of office. With its approval rating hovering around 11 percent in some polls, Congress might just start paying attention.Start by writing to your Representatives. Talk to your family, friends and neighbors, and share this article. It's in everybody's interest.*All figures are estimates. http://www.rd.com/national-interest/your-tax-dollars/the-government-is-wasting-your-tax-dollars/P4/article.html


Have a Blessed Day

No comments: