Thursday, October 04, 2007

Blessings and Hope

I have to say I wasn't excited when I was given Brandon's belongings today. But again sometimes it is for the greater good to receive something because you are there. I went through it and came across two items that bring me hope Etiology of Combat Related Post Traumatic Stress Disorder by Jim Goodwin, Psy.D. and About Medications for Combat PTSD by Jonathon Shay, M.D. Ph.D, and through searching online found Post-Traumatic Gazette.
According to the medications report Brandon which we already knew shouldn't have been taking the meds prescribed by the civilian doctor, but after reading this I have discovered what he is taking now is wrong also. Pray for some intelligent knowledgeable doctors to come into his life.
The good news is I found some coping ideas for all of us.

The boys are up for their black belt on Oct. 20 really makes me proud. I was able to see Aaron do a flying kick when sparring someone at a different dojo we visited. I haven't seen them spar for awhile, except for John at competition.

Have a Blessed Day

No comments: