Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Life is short

I received a phone call from my neice yesterday, my sister who is 11 months older than I am is in the hospital for chest pains. They ran basic tests and they have come back clear. Today she will have the stress test. After 6 hours of pain meds she continued to have pain. Please keep her in prayer.

Two things this week stand out, I need to get healthier, have all those blood test checks, mammo, etc. here is the harder one, a devotional from this week talked about a quiet spirit. Would that description fit me? Ha, Ha.

Here is the thing, I want it to fit me. I still want to be basically who I am but just a little smoother. I would love to be like I know I am with "littles" they truly bring out the best in me. If I could only see my husband, my pre-teen, teen children that way this home would be vastly different. I am tired of feeling like my life is just spinning wheels, of not being able to keep that peaceful heart all the time. I want calm, I want my sister to be okay, I want the words out of my mouth to be kind and not with bitterness, most of all I want to be able to handle the change in myself. I want my epitaph to not read "Watch out here comes Susan"

Although at the moment of writing I have already gone up to their rooms to wake them. I still hear no stirring, I want a really loud speaker to balst in the ear, or maybe tilting beds to dump them out, or maybe ...

Back to working on the gentleness. Pray hard for me.

Do you know people who fit that description? Any ideas out there?

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control." Galatians 5:22-23 (NLT)

The cool part of this verse is that it produces fruit, and like fruit trees pruning and time are necessary to develop the best harvest. So I think it takes a few years to see the evidence of pruning but moments everday would be really great.

Have A Blessed Day

1 comment:

Hadia ( pseudoname) said...

Although I didn't understand many of the words ( English is not my first language)but I will pray hard for you and your sister.
I hope she will go back to her family and house soon.
To be a fat person is not good for health. Think of your children and your family! I know they don't want you to suffer because you are fat.

Do sport, eat alittle. take a walk, jump.
Today will be your first day to change.