Sometimes, I experience discouragement concerning the problems of my child. Yet, somehow, God will provide a message of encouragement. It may be a song on the radio. A Scripture will resonant in my soul. A friend will call to chat about and pray for my wild child. The ways the Lord speaks hope to me is endless. He offers me eternal encouragement as I struggle with the never-ending episodes of wayward behavior from my child.
Dear Lord, demonstrate Your love to my child. Allow him/her to experience Your love and grace. Encourage them in their heart and strengthen them in every good deed and word. Lord God, cleanse my child from all the sin that he/she has committed against You. Grant eternal encouragement and hope to all my children. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
This is from a daily devotional I receive Encouragement for today. This one especially strikes a cord with me, so I wanted to share these thoughts especially for anyone who struggles with a "wild child".
Currently for those of you who know me PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) is a large part of our lives. I haven't been able to decide who I am more upset with, the fact that my son is not able to overcome these issues, easily, or the government. Statistics are showing 1 in 6 are coming home from Iraq with PTSD, and worse yet they allow them to go back, like they did my son. http://ptsdcombat.blogspot.com/2006/02/national-veterans-foundation.html is a little different than the VA site. We could use your prayers concerning my son, specifically that his life will get back on track so to speak, and with God's grace he will not end up with lifelong problems because of this.
I find it sad that he volunteered twice to go to Iraq, and now his life is disconnected and overwhelming at times. So many of them go over to serve for a variety of reasons and come home to failed marriages, betrayel by the American government, finaincial problems, and lack of coping skills with civilian life, especially those that have spent years in the military. Brandon gave 8 1/2 years of his life, and trust me when I say civilian daily life is nothing like military, whether you are on base or in the field. You develop a relationship within a unit that is based on life and death, not mundane things like doing laundry or running the kids. It's a big adjustment to go from adrenal rush at any time to running the kids, paying bills, and working at a job.
Anyways that is where I am at.
Have a Blessed Day
No comments:
Post a Comment