I had my granddaughter Cadence for the weekend. In case you can't tell by the pics. Wow! She is absolutely wonderful. Rachel and Cadence hit it off, she followed her all over the place. I ended up being the meaning when I had to tell her no, so I am not sure about where I truly fell in the equation. That's allright though, I ended up with a few kisses and hugs.
My sister Anne rode down with me, and we came up with a bit of a solution, maybe a Grandma Camp with all of them together for a week? Timing will be everything maybe early June or early Aug. Something to look into.
All you moms of two year olds, I had forgotten kinda just how busy they really are. After this weekend I wonder how I did it without help. I know it is something you just do, and having the right toys and activities truly helps. For me Rachel was great help. She missed her last night, it was good for her to play with a little girl.
Aaron wasn't sure about the whole thing, but John enjoyed Cadence. Pat just thinks she is to cute, which she is. I think Cadence with the dark hair and all probably reminds him of his oldest daughter Jen, who has curly dark hair, who is now in her 30's.
The one girl from the car accident is doing as well if not better than could be expected. I am not sure how the other girl is doing they did try to relieve pressure on her brain but not sure other than that. They still need prayers.
Here is a fun site if you ever wondered what your career should be, or if you know anyone unhappy with their job, etc. http://www.dreamit-doit.com/
I have been reading a book on Living in Grace: The Shift to Spiritual Perception I haven't been able to decide if I like the writing but I do like the concept of what she is talking about. Grace is such an important part of my life, of that I am aware of. I would like to shift to a different perception and hold onto it every day, all day, which is a little harder for me on a consistent basis. It is then again nothing I can't work toward, right?
After my last rant, my life really is full of blessings even if I don't always see them. My children, grandchildren, Pat, home and friends. The biggest difference grace can make in your life is how you view other people and their effect on your own life. It isn't always easy to find the grace when your right in the middle of wanting to "strangle your kids or your husband" but once the moment clears if you look you can see how God's grace works in your life.
Have a Blessed Day
No comments:
Post a Comment