Gratitude is the hallmark of the heart that knows its Redeemer personally & intimately. Part of the sunday school lesson that stuck with me today. People who are able to be find God in All things are really amazing. I know a few that are able to do that now. I am still trying to figure out how to be grateful for the basics somedays.
Went to the Ashley 150th Birthday festival today. Their is some really great talent in the small town of Ashley. All in all the whole thing looked like it was successful. I'd like to see it continue every year in place of the corn show. Maybe interest will be there now that they had this.

Brandon was here with Ally and Cadence. It sounds like he will be leaving to go overseas soon. He said he'd call when he gets there. Cadence is truly a beautiful baby girl.
This picture reminds of the gratitude thing. That Brandon could see Cadence before leaving, the sweetness of the two of them sleeping is such a quiet message of the hope in all of us, I think.
I really can't begin to describe the hope I have for my grandchildren. All three.
I may not get to be the grandmother I originally thought I would be, but will have to figure out the best way to fit my grandchildren and my children all together. It won't be the kind I grew up with, but hopefully I will be in their lives and influence them for the good like my grandparent's did for me. The hardest part is my desire to be in all their lives more, and knowing at this time I am not able to do that. Life I used to think would get less complicated but instead life just has more dimensions than I expected. It involves so many different people, which is great because I believe in diversity, it makes your life richer.
Enough rambling.
No comments:
Post a Comment