It is one of the blessings of old friends
that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
I watched the movie Osama yesterday. What a way to live. It takes place under Taliban rule, and tells about the life of a twelve year old girl and how she attempts to help the family by dressing as a boy. Can you imagine never being allowed to leave your home without a male escort, never showing a part of your body to anyone else even in your own home? How do they get that from anything they regard as a holy scripture is beyond me.
On a brighter note, we also watched Because of Winn Dixie which was good and uplifting.
We have a teen in the house who lately seems to think I don't know how to teach him. He also seems to find some of our opinions and rules unfair. Does that sound familiar to anyone? I know I went through it before and I even did it to my parents, but I would like to skip over the conflict once in a while. Ultimately it really comes down to mom wants it done this way and he just needs to obey, right.
I talked with an old friend from MOPS yesterday, Susan. For those of you who don't always stay in touch as much as you would like, isn't it great to be recognized even when you haven't talked for ages. The best part is catching up on the joys and the sorrows, and just easy laughter.
Thanks Susan for being my friend. Yes we have the same first name. We even tended to be cooking the same foods for dinner when she lived here.
God bless all my friends in whatever it is that You know they may be needing this day! And may their life be full of your peace, prosperity and power as they seek to have a closer relationship with you. Amen.
"I get by with a little help from my friends."- John Lennon
No comments:
Post a Comment