Friday, September 16, 2005

I really enjoyed the poem that was left in the comments under my grandson. A great thought, way of life for everyone not just our teachers.
This is one I read recently that I liked.
"The honor that knowledge will give us will be entirely ours, and it will not be taken from us by the theif''s skill ... or by the passage of time." Louise Labe (French author) exhorting women.
I am officially 43, Whoo hoo! I don't feel any different, not wiser, or younger, ha ha. I have never understood the worry of how old you are. It really isn't a terrible thing to age in years, except for the aches and pains that physically begin to happen. I know I don't like arthritis in my joints, but it is part of life. It lets me know I am still alive, right?
I can't imagine going back to a younger time and reliving my life over. I do sometimes wish I had more memories of childhood but sadly they seem to be gone. I saw a young girl riding her bike on a dirt road, not near her home and can remember the freedom to run around town without nearly the worries of today. I have never been able to decide if the innocence from that time was a bad thing or if the fear our society lives in today is the bad thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you on several levels about the innocence, and yes Nick definately looks like Brandon. I showed his picture to gagey, he is really excited, said he loves his baby brother.

Anonymous said...

p.s. your site is great and is all is well here. Hope everything and everyone is doing great up there also.