Thursday, December 01, 2011

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

I don't quite get how people are so willing to bash someone and group them all together as killers/rapist.  A young boy (19-20) just started bashing military on my son's FB account, all because John was thinking about joining.  Reminded me of the accusations of the 60's, one comment is correct Governments start wars, not the people fighting.  America is all about the right's of free speech I get that, but does it really have to be done by putting down other people.  I believe there is a saying that people who put other people down do it so they can look better.  Sometimes that just fails.  Do I like war, Hell no, do I want another child signing on, Hell no.  Will I respect his decision, Hell yes.  Grrr. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Chill is in the air I believe winter has come to Ohio.  Today I get to find out how long it will take Sadie (car) to defrost just sitting there.  Hopefully not to long because really need to go get fuel.  
I have this huge stack of books I really need to read. Gotta wonder what I was thinking when I took them all out.  Books on war, engineering, vampires, Aztecs, Artisan pizza (yum), College quiz. or and myth.  At least I have them for  6 weeks.  know all I need to do is be diligent about getting them all read. :)

Thanksgiving dinner (Sunday) was a very good day.  We had it at my sis' so I was able to visit with my nieces and their children.  Joe my nephew-in-law was doing well after his massive heart surgery, so he was able to be there. Also able to see Jackson who I haven't physically seen since Christmas last year.  So hard to believe a year has passed.  Time really can fly!

Usborne books & More looks like will be a good fit for me.  Make a little money or hopefully a lot, on my schedule, plus share a passion of mine, books and their benefits.  My Grandfather Gibney would be proud of me, I think.  He sold books for a living to schools in 3 states, I do believe.  Kinda like carrying on a tradition.

Aaron turns 18 in just 34 days.  Talk about Flying time!  He has been working way to much which bugs me. His grades are holding so I try to not get to bent out of shape. I also know he has his whole life to work and should really think about backing off just a bit.  Need to get some college visits in.

Found a dog walking in the middle of my driving lane two days ago.  Such a nice dog, Great pryenees.  Biggest issue was he was BIG.  Took up my whole back seat, and was wet to boot from the weather.  Brought him home and with his tags found the owner but he really was a good dog.  So maybe Rach will get her wish and I will strongly consider getting a dog, again.  I want it to be older since she will be gone in 5 years, Also needs to not be a dog that eats me out of house.


Blessings

No comments: