Last night I went out to the garden and cut some zucchini, I'll have broccoli to cut at the end of the week. I could cut it now but am after seeing a large head of broccoli, just because I can. The whole great looking garden just makes me feel good. The strawberries have been great. Swiss chard brings back childhood memories, very distinct flavor. Corn and beans even should be ready soon. If the garden continues to go well I will finally have lots of green, red, yellow peppers to freeze. Pat put bug spray on it looks like it was the right stuff, nothing has begun to wilt! YEAH!
I came home from running John to camp and mission trip meeting and decided to read and finish a book I had started earlier. The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen really liked this book, light, serious, funny, odd, basic storyline about coming out from under your parents but not with the same format. Now I just need to finish the other two. I did get the Unchristian and Search to Belong: Rethinking Intimacy, Community and Small Groups finished, really informative.
Brandon is doing well, haven't seen much of him lately, but he is pursuing his goal of getting a memorial to veterans. Certainly a proud mom moment coming.
John is at camp again, he and Aaron were there last week, Aaron as a camper John as a counselor. John comes back Sat. and turns around and goes back to counsel again. Comes home and turns around to leave for Mission trip in Ottawa. In some ways it's wierd but I think overall this is good for all of us. Preperation for going off to college sort of.
Have a Blessed Day
No comments:
Post a Comment