It seems like forever and a day since I have a been keeping this page up. Anyways John turned 17, last week and can now officially drive more than one other non-family member in a car. Thankfully his car really only holds 4 comfortably, 5 if they don't mind the short leg issue.
Tomorrow they are supposed to go to the Asian Festival in Columbus and break boards and concrete blocks for an exhibition. Aaron, John, and I and mustn't forget Nicole, and Jesse, along with the other youth are doing a lock in tonight. Means really late night for this older person. I have forewarned the boys they cannot stay up all night. Aaron has a game at 9:00 a.m. and as soon as he is done unless I have to pull him early they need to leave for the Festival in Columbus. I'll be at work so hopefully they will be responsible and remember everything important. Like directions, thier gee's (uniforms) etc.
We have ripped out the carpet in our living room and side room, hopefully we will have wood floors very soon. I think if Pat is unable to get them in quickly I will just paint the floors. Maybe stencil them? The pets, children and wood burning just made my house smell. So thankfully it just looks bad instead of smelling like a locker room heated by wood, with lots of animals. Kinda like an old barn? Not that bad all the time just enough to drive me crazy.
There is really a very valid point to taking off your shoes before entering, you would be amazed at the amount of fine dirt under your carpet. If you can train your family I highly recommend it.
School is almost done for us. John mainly has the most left. I can honestly say I am tired of school almost to the point I am tempted to send them to school. I am hoping that Aaron after listening to me go off on John will "get" the concept of math building on each other. 4 more years off struggling with math does not appeal to me. I will jump on the tutor offer next year.
My sister is graduating this year and will have her Teacher's Degree!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of her and all her hard work and perseverance.
I did get a garden started although I haven't been able to work in it to replant a few things. So hopefully it will stay dry until Monday when I will have more time.
Have a Blessed Day
No comments:
Post a Comment