Hey we have four inches of snow out here. I walked out to the barn yesterday before anyone had touched it, which helps you appreciate it more I think. John has to do some more driving on the back roads to get a feel for the snow and ice.
Our trees are up and still standing. Allthough yesterday my largest tree was tilting at a very bad angle. We have two "kittens" anywhere from 3-6 months old. They certainly like this tree, I have decorated it similiar to toddler years here at my house. I have anchored the tree to a cabinetthtat sits right behind the tree, in case they really make it up higher in the branches.
Working on Rachel's elf costume for helping her Dad Santa, this month. I wanted to make it longer, but only managed to remember to cut one skirt panel longer the rest are shorter, so I guess she will have to have a shorter one.
Packed boxes and gifts with the women's group last night for Turning Point in Mt. Gilead. The families are mainly ones that have left bad situations and have nothing. It struck me what courage it takes to leave an abusive relationship or just to start over.
Time to motivate.
Hey quick note on the Golden Compass, the book, please read it before you make any judgments. I understand that the person who wrote it is a professed aethist. I have to wonder if CS Lewis had written this if there would be such an uproar. I am reading it, and will say it has
good vs. evil theme, seems to be against organized religion (think Pope and inquisition) adventure, witches, science discoveries, and it takes place in an alternate world/time. Victorian gothic, gadgets and new ideas. I feel it has the same darkness to it as Lord of the Rings, violence either in indication or visual, they steal children and then are working to experiement their theories.
I am not sure if I will read them all to gain a better understanding but I don't think the movie that is coming out is necessarily for young children, unless they are used to watching movies that have violence in them. But we also have to remember this book has been adapted and could be nothing like the book.
Have a Blessed Day
No comments:
Post a Comment