Thursday, September 21, 2006

Same as the other one

Thursday, September 21, 2006

I homeschool and am amazed at the people who are involved in it nowadays. But I have to tell you the people who were on the Ilinc last night to learn about the Scantron test our children will be taking amaze me. I really think some of these people are absolutely clueless as to what is going on. Ohdela (school) has been really good about sending email, and having discussion with teacher's about these changes but they still asked questions that boggle the mind. Scary yet is there were over 100 parents on this Ilinc. Doesn't say much for the Ohio Department of Educations school system. This was just one of 8 Ilinc's for the parents. That is a lot of parent classes for a lot of children.Then we have the commercials from Blackwell and Strickland. Blackwell is a jerk ( I don't know him of course) and Strickland wants to cut money from charter schools like the one we belong to. Blackwell talks about holding our children to higher standards which I am all for but do we have to test them on it everytime they turn around, and is the curriculum truly great, or just more paper to be pushed. Strickland makes the claim that $50,000,000 was used by the charter schools (all of Ohio) but look at the overall budget of the state $7,512,455,321, isn't that billions. http://www.ode.state.oh.us/GD/Templates/Pages/ODE/ODEDetail.aspx?page=3&TopicRelationID=1096&Content=14608Anyways I think we need someone else to vote for on both sides. Blackwell irritates me because I am a librarian and his "budget idea" early in the year just plainstank. Look at some of the budget and maybe if they woundn't send out all there fliers, and papmphlets in bulk they could save a little.The good news is my kids have the main part of their schoolwork done for the week. Just some writing that needs to be turned in and a little math review. Says a lot we were done in 2 full days of work with most of what is required by their curriculum.It is beginning to be fall, which is great because I can pull out all the fall clothes that have all the colors I like so well. Better yet the fit, with just a little room to spare.Have a Blessed Day.

No comments: