


I spent last night fuming at my teenage son. The really sad part is it started at the youth bible study and band practice. I don't tolerate well people who are unwilling to adapt and make room for people with other gifts, like his own brother. They have a hodgepodge of instruments, no drums, they do have a piano, trombone, flute and acoustical guitar. Aaron is able to play well the piano and the guitar, he has not attended practice before last night. We have a keyboard that we can use at the church, which gives a fuller sound to the mix of instruments. He can fill out the brass and add percussion without taking the place of the person playing the piano. Makes sense right. Not according to my teenage son. He wants time without family around, what he means is he wants time to hang out with his girlfriend. I understand the concept but maybe I am wrong but the whole purpose of this band is to glorify God not John, and anyone who has the desire and talent should be allowed to try and share their gifts. to make a long story short it was a really long drive back from the church last night, 3.3 miles to be exact. He irritated me beyond belief with his contradictions, four of them in the course of an hour, the last straw was when he informed me that the "band" said they where quitting because I was there (giving John a "hard" time). Maybe John should learn how to speak and give accurate statements, that don't by the nature of what he says create issues. Basically explain correctly without beating around a bush what the problem is and then back tracking because you weren't understood. I am not into shock value statements, or saying something just to irritate someone.
So basically I won't be attending band practice (didn't plan on doing this much anyways), John might not if his selfish attitude toward his brother doesn't change, not to mention his teenage "what do you mean I am not allowed" attitude. Fun, Fun, Fun. There is a lot to be said for boarding schools!
Rachel's room is now combined with the room next door, we took out part of a wall. Dust everywhere, but hopefully this will give her more space to make a mess in. Seriously if it goes as planned she will finally have closet space which should help tremendously.
Have a Blessed Day
No comments:
Post a Comment