Sunday, April 09, 2006

Life's little joys around the bird feeder

I just caught my daughter Rachel outside singing Awesome God, while digging in the dirt. Really warms my heart. We went to a mother daughter tea today, the speaker talked about birds and how people are like some of them. She used the blue jay and cardinal, along with the goldfinch. Her talk must have been a God thing because she talked about how people within a church can pick and pick and be territorial like the blue jay, hits close to home, I'll say. Rachel could qualify for the moment as the goldfinch, this morning she was a blue jay. If I could get everyone to behave like a cardinal and goldfinch at the same time, life here at the bird feeder could be enjoyable all the time. Ha Ha.

The kids has play practice today which went well. Their play is Thursday night, Aaron is playing Satan, John is playing Jesus, and a friend of their's is God. Aaron is really good at Satan, thankfully I think it has to do with his personality and not any character traits he will have throughout life.

Pat turns 55 Wed. Whooo hoo!

It is quiet here at the moment Pat took Jesse to work, John is at ball practice, Aaron is with Pat, and Rachel is outside. Actually she just came back in.

Have youth group in an hour, think I'll rest.


Have a Blessed Day.

No comments: