Monday, January 19, 2015

Memory from far away

In 1986 my youngest son then11 years old introduced Linda to me. He had been introducing himself to all the people attending the first Christian fair at the then P T L with Jimmy and Tammy Faye Baker. My son brought Linda to my table and said this is my Mom and before another word could be spoken Linda, said your son is great so where are you staying I got this condo we could share. A friendship was born and we went from sharing a condo, sharing my son to everything we did, every place we traveled and all the funny people and things we encountered alone the way. Linda first Visit to see me via a cruise here in St. Thomas (better known as her island). She brought people with her when ever she would come and I would drive everyone around the island with Linda name dropping place that she thought we should show off. When I got married in 1998, I asked to be my 'Lady in waiting', and she said oh yes, that means I will have to get my ticket right away. The next thing I knew my BFF was here driving on the left just the way we all do here. My friend Linda I called here Fearless, fearless to follow her heart fearless to try all kinds of foods and fearless to meet and love everyone. We simply loved each other and we always will. Linda is/was my best friend ever she got me, she loved me. I will miss our late night telephone talks and how she would bring me up to speed on everything Columbia and women with a Call and everything els in the world. I Visited every country with her-through he eyes, she was truly blessed with the five fold ministry gift of 'Ministry of Helps'. Linda lived and loved her family-her girls. We talked endless about her girls and my boys. We would leave messages for each others by saying, Olaniyan Olaniyan in St. Thomas, this is Linda Linda in Columbus, Ohio so what's the temperature there what about the mango and the banana are they ripe yet. So Linda Linda in Columbus Ohio this is Olaniyan Olaniyan in St Thomas virgin Islands the weather is great about 82 degrees today a great day for heavenly sunshine and emerald green water a great day to experience God's gift for you BFF. Olaniyan
olufunke Olaniyan-Greaux - Yesterday at 07:15 PM

No comments: