Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012

Lots happening it seems like.  today the main house roof should be done.  Yeah!!!!!  Discovered yesterday that the underlay is mostly the original roofing , 1 x 8's instead of plywood.  The main house dates to 1875.  The sad part is when repairs were done in the past they used crappy material.  Pressboard instead of ply in a lot of areas??? No Felt??? So needless to say a two foot section all the way around the perimeter has to be replaced.  Along with that no drip edge was used.  The shingles were thin....blah, blah, blah.  So I will have to do the other two roofs later.  I'll just be that women with the unfinished partially done half house!!! 

Rachel made Color Guard which is so cool!  Very similar to using the staff in Tae Kwon Do.  Which I would like to see her finish to Black Belt but it is hard to find the style she was doing. 

Buddy the new pup is adjusting or should I say we are adjusting to him.  He goes back to vet on Fri, to be fixed and see how he's doing.  Really need to get some kind of containment system or training device.  I hate not being able to let him go but I am just not comfortable with him running loose yet.
Blessings

No comments: