Saturday, April 11, 2009

Almost Easter.

"Yet, dealing with death is part of truly living life. Neither life, nor new life, can be appreciated until we have counted the cost of death.?"
This was in a devotional this morning from the Luthern Seminary, it just struck a cord with me. I truly think that is one of the problems we have with the world in general, "We just don't count the cost of death," sorrow, pain, betrayal, loss, relief, joy, and fear. I believe they would be accurate emotional descriptions of humans when confronted with death. Could you imagine what would happen if the person causing the death could see all the future lives their action would create? Or do you think the people who randomly and without thought kill others would even feel any of it? How hard it must have been to willing carry your death on your shoulders for someone else you didn't even know. Wouldn't the world be different if we all looked at our fellow man that way? Oh wait maybe that is the meaning of Easter.

Not very Easter bunnyish is it. So enough of that.

Easter is one of my favorite times of year, although again this year feels odd. when I was growing up we always went to my Grandmother's and had a hunt, dresses, hats the whole shibang. No big family get together this year at my house, no little children looking for eggs. I should have reason to Celebrate even if its minor in the grand scheme of things, they are I believe going to finish my floors today. YEAH! I also truly enjoy and look foward to Easter because it's all about Forgiveness, family is not allowed to argue on that day is a general opinion of mine.


It's official John will be going off to college in the fall, WOW. Time flies.

Aaron, John and Rachel out in the corn behind our house. By far one of my favorite pics of my children.

Brandon will be home next week another YEAH.

Truly have a blessed Easter, remember the cost of your forgiveness when living out your Easter Sunday. Remind others who will listen the importance of this day.

No comments: