Snow, Snow, Snow. It has been awhile since we have had weather like this for a period of time. Usually just one big hit and it's gone, not this time.
The cats aren't to sure about it, but they now can at least walk thru a plowed driveway, and better yet so can I. Now is when Pat's idea to build a garage closer to the house appeals, but in reality it seems silly with as many barns that we already have.
I keep hoping they will build a snowman, I no longer have proper snow gear to go out with them but may break down and just get snow wet. I am a wimp when it comes to being really cold and wet.
I am pushing John to look for scholarships since the school he is looking at is over $25,000 a year. The finaid calculates we can contribute 10-15000 a year. Which is truly amazing? Start early looking for the money, and practice ACT testing, the higher the score the easier to get money. Every 1/10 of a point in their GPA can equate to money, scores on the ACT over 30 almost guarantee some large cash offers especially when paired with high GPA's. Volunteer work is also really important. Yada Yada Yada. Can you tell it is on my mind?
At least he is beginning to show adequate interest in how this will be paid for. He actually spent time looking for scholarships, next step is to start writing essays.
I just found out my Grandson Gage has been accepted into a gifted program! Yeah!!!
Aaron managed to squeak a D out of his Spanish class that he disliked, which is reflected in his grade. So thankfully he has a whole year plus 1/2 a year in and can be finished with foriegn language. My hope for him to be able to participate in PSEO is not going to happen this year, maybe next.
Rachel has only signed up for 5 4H projects this year, and was elected Vice-President of her group. Archery, Quick Breads, Photography, Fitness, and maybe rabbits.
Watched Mama Mia the other day and again want to leave the country for blue water. Would I come back?
Blessings susan
No comments:
Post a Comment