Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Exhausted

Exhausted mentally is the best way to describe my state of mind. I am ready to not parent anyone over the age of 10. No teen stuff, no adult stuff either. That feels better just saying it outloud. I'll keep doing it won't that make my children love me more!

I am off as much as possible for the next two weeks from work, this week I have two days, today State Library and Friday night. I hope to get the garden in this week, some real cooking done, and work on the kids rooms, along with going to ball, archery, and 4H stuff.

I have Gage and Andrew which I am glad for. It will always continue to amaze me how much you forget about young children. Thank God it is like riding a bike it all comes back.

I see a lot of my son in Gage, strong personality, big brown eyes, crooked smile, all those things that make you want to let them have their own way. That would be wrong and would help to wreak havoc on all our lives so for now we can gently butt heads. I had to mentally note sleep amounts, how much running, and eating yesterday. I chose not to go to the ballgame and stay home to give the boys a chance to chill. Between the long car ride here, getting to bed around 12:00 am and 9:00 am parade the next morning, going to my Dad's and coming home only to go again to a ballgame. I am glad I recognized it early that chilling out was better. Sometimes it takes a little while for the little things to kick in.


Anyways time for me to get going.
Have a Blessed Day

No comments: