Monday, July 10, 2006

Never Believe in Never

The Fourth of July fireworks were very good this year in Mt. Gilead. We sat next to some young kids who remind you how to appreciate the magic of fireworks. Lots of oohs and ahhs, along with look at that. I spent a lot of the day thinking about my son Brandon, I didn't get around to calling him but did think about him most of the day. I was really amazed at some of the people that walked past the fairgrounds and never even looked up when the big fireworks where in the air. I can't imagine not at least looking, I think it's a sad state when teenagers can't even look up at least once in over 100feet at fireworks.

John was nailed in the temple with a ball yesterday, he is doing fine. He broke his glasses and cracked his helmet, made it to base, Ha Ha. The team lost so we are down to two children in the tournaments, tonight will decide if Aaron keeps playing. We expect Rachel to make it to Finals and win the Championship, her team has lost one game in four years.

Jesse is still here although he is supposed to be out this week. I'm ready.

Dad came to the game and brought a package he had recieved from someone in VT. It is my Greatgrandmother's brother's daughter's son. He has a lot of the Vail family history which I haven't completed, along with fill in information on what I do have. Who knows I may one day have a volume of family history.
Rachel has 3 different days of 4H judging, and we really aren't ready. She loved camp and came back Saturday, and did fine until Sunday when she had a bit of amelt down when she was told no. Being all girl, she finally decided she could put herself in a better mood, "if she could have ice cream". I let her have some, simply and effective. Can't wait for full fledged mood swings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, a girls best friends are truly Ben and Jerry.