Many of you will know that John had a car accident, last week. Thankfully he is still around.
John was on 170 going south and at the intersection of 21 a driver pulled out/didn't stop at the stop sign, something. John swerved to miss the truck, fishtailed a couple of times and hit the telephone pole.
The good news is I will have John around for awhile longer to watch grow, and he wasn't cited for the accident. The truck never stopped by the way.
He has 16 staples on the front of his skull/head, think small scalping. We go tomorrow to remove them. He has headaches, is hitting the extremely sore part of being in an accident, but otherwise is doing well.
We also went to colleges this month, Mount Vernon Naz, Ohio Northern, and University of Toledo. HUGE price differences and types of campus life. I am thinking he is not going to have his application in by Sat. to Ohio Northern for their pharmacy program. Which by the way he may no longer want to be. He is leaning heavily toward youth ministry/camp director type of career. I honestly think the later choice he will make him happier in the long run. I do think he still needs to apply to UToledo for pharmacy just in case, because if he gets in he can always turn it down. Pharmacy schools need their applications earlier than most, due to the weeding out process, at ONU the cut is about 75% of applicants.
This is Aaron. Which by the way, last night he went out with his girlfriend and he kinda had the same look going on. Oh, how quickly they grow up. Before we left, the whole finding the right shirt happened, which is beyond humorous for me. Honestly he really is cute and I still have the dog.Speaking of dogs we now have a beagle, Socket. Pat went to the pound looking for a lost cat of ours, of which the local pound doesn't keep cats just dogs, lots of cute lonely dogs. Pat being Pat, thought we should help out the home situation. He did come home first without a dog to argue his point about how we should help. Our neighbor came by and informed Pat he knew someone who was trying to find a home for their dog. Which this dog is a grandson of one of our neighbors dogs, yep, Socket would be that dog. She is pretty good and has become completely attached to Pat, since day one.
2 comments:
you need to update your blog! Probably too much stuff going on with the holidays coming. I have completely forgotten about Thanksgiving, since it doesn't exist here. Our pastor, whose wife is from Virginia is making us a big turkey dinner next Sat, but it's just too nice out! Went to a x-mas party for my mom's group and it was just plain weird to even be thinking about Christmas. We did see snow back when we got here, but only once and it was a squall...we are the highest altitude for quite an expanse, so I am not sure where you'd see much more-probably not anywhere.
I hope you and yours are all well. Miss you!
Christine
Well, Susan, you forgot a picture or whatnot that you were going to put up for the Aaron bit.
I really have no clue what he looked like, so..
Yeah, you need a picture for that point, please?
Post a Comment