Monday, September 01, 2008

Fair week

Yesterday I went to the Morrow County Fair, and the day before and a couple days before that. I must say after experiencing the State fair earlier in the month I do prefer the local fair. 4H had their parade yesterday with a record number of floats, I think there were 10 floats. Rachel's club received 3rd place. After that they had a Veteran's Memorial Service which has grown in the last few years. I did pretty good, I only teared up a couple of times. Wish Brandon would have been there.
I will say while I was sitting in the stands I got the whole fair thing. It only took 18 years to understand. Why the need to go to fair?!
I was high enough up to see all of the fair, listen to the various sounds, and just plain enjoy the day. This year was the first time I didn't feel the need to know where my kids were every minute of the day. No tagging along to keep track of them. I visited, I watched, and I meandered through the day. How cool is that! I almost was comfortable with just myself.
It was one of those moments that create memories. The sun was shining and a nice breeze was carrying all the sounds from around the fair. Laughter, music, rides, animals, and for me peacefulness. Over on the small stage you could hear Sunday worship songs/singers whenever there was a lull in the veteran service. There is only one WWI vet alive in the US. At the service there were about 8 WWII vets in attendance.
All in all a good week.
Blessings Susan

No comments: